Author Topic: Mission to find inland boarding mecca  (Read 911 times)

Tracker

• Kite Flyer
    • View Profile
Mission to find inland boarding mecca
« on: April 16, 2009, 18:22:52 »
OK now i have  quiver and a board fit to meet most ocasions. I am going on a mission to find inland landboarding mecca. If and when the weather is to crap for kiting i usually go for long stroles with my doggy so i might as well have a mission. I will keep my findings to date in this thread.

My self i am looking to find a nice gengle slope with smooth winds for a nice floaty jumps. PLease post what you would like i.e. big flat plains for bombing along or narlly steep drop offs for mega air. I am willing to test anywhere and also if you think you have found a place but never had time to try or never had the balls to try it, give me details and i will check it out and let you know what my rating it. won

As you al might be aware my local is harrington marina and i to travel to keswick area most weekends so places between there will all be tested.
Naish Element 7.5m
Blade II 3m
Radsail Trainer 2m (The Wifes)

Tracker

• Kite Flyer
    • View Profile
Re: Mission to find inland boarding mecca
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 18:40:18 »
Place Tested: Dent

Flying: Static

Findings

A long walk, nice views, to much heather to board. Clean winds from the west and north would be lumpy from the east and south. Big jumps as the ground is nice and springy.

Mecca marks: 3

Pros: good if there is no winds lower down
cons: No boarding

Map Link: http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=303977&y=513022&z=120&sv=303977,513022&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=795&ax=303977&ay=513022&lm=0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 18:42:21 by Tracker »
Naish Element 7.5m
Blade II 3m
Radsail Trainer 2m (The Wifes)