Author Topic: Radsail kites  (Read 3116 times)

Solwaybuggier

• Administrator
  • Kite Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Radsail kites
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 17:12:51 »
Joe, sorry but I don't think anyone on here can advise you on that - at least not unless someone's flown both of them.  You could try the question on the Flexifoil forum's landboarding board - although then allow for most respondents having a clear bias &/or saying to save your money until you can afford a ******** kite (insert preferred brand of choice!)  Or you could research in the racekites.com reviews to see if that helps.
Ian Gilmore
Allonby
Libre VMax (for comfort), flying Ozone Access1 8.0, PKD Busters 1.4, 2.0, 5.5 and 7.0  BPKA Instructor (Powerkiting and Buggy)

Solwaybuggier

• Administrator
  • Kite Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 17:34:23 »
Another thought - are you ruling out buying 2nd hand?  There are risks, but if funds are tight you shouldn't discount it.
Ian Gilmore
Allonby
Libre VMax (for comfort), flying Ozone Access1 8.0, PKD Busters 1.4, 2.0, 5.5 and 7.0  BPKA Instructor (Powerkiting and Buggy)

wackyracer

• Kite Ace
  • SCO221
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 22:12:07 »
no he's got a wanted in flexi,
FOR RACING
Predator Full Race On KadKat Bigfoots
Jojo Race Masters 2.0m/4.0m/6.0m/10.0m
Pimped Cameleon Pogona
SCO221

For Surfing/Freestyle
Flexifoil Strike 11m in ANTHEM!!
Peter Lynn Guerilla 13m
Airush Switch 160

Solwaybuggier

• Administrator
  • Kite Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 19:50:46 »
I think Phil is pretty much spot on - although I think the Blaze & Legend are the same price, with Ace only a little dearer.  Avoid the Blaze 2, and the Airlink is not right for you.  

I think the only Pansh kites we've seen down here are Blazes - Dave Hunter has an 8.5 (for which I think he paid 75 new!)  Seems well enough made but the bridle seems wrong - it flies with creases.  There's a flier from Annan, Saleem, who uses a Blaze with board & buggy - I think his is 5m, and it looks much better in the air.  He rates it.  He's Boogieman on the Forum - I think you could email him via the Forum to get his views?

The lines and handles are poor - but a) I've heard they've improved recently (although that may have come from Pansh themselves!) b) same is said of Mk1 Busters, and I'm still using original lines & handles on my 3m, 4-5 years old.

There's a lot of snobbishness about Pansh (and other cheaper kites) - but often from people who have enough cash to buy full sets of Flexi/Ozone etc kites.  A lot of reviewers on racekites.com are very positive.  The Blaze is quite heavy - not sure about others - so light winds may make for difficulty launching?

Prices are very low - I think you can still buy direct from their website (panshkite.com) where a 3m Blaze or Legend is 57 delivered.  A 3.5 Ace (3m is out of stock)  is 73.  I think they also sell from an ebay shop and via retailers - not sure of prices.  Be very careful about buying on ebay or a forum from a private seller - at one time there were people selling at way over Pansh's own prices on ebay - on the Pansh site they quote a "recommended" price 3-4 times their own actual price - various delightful souls were quoting this recommended price on ebay and then asking 1.5 times what they paid for Buy It Now!

Gven the low initial price not sure there's much of a 2nd hand market if you outgrow a Pansh.

Hope this helps...

Joe

Not sure where you're up to now - but I'm just back from a weekend at Bolton Le Sands and there were a lot of Pansh Aces there which were as effective as anything bar full-on race kites.  Pansh do seem to have come on pretty well over the past year.

Ian
Ian Gilmore
Allonby

hadlow2

• Kite newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 18:00:21 »
dude have a look at some gin kiteswww.ginkites.com

joe

• Kite Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 11:39:49 »
my dad bought a 3m blade III a while back but i get to use it for boarding so im ok for now
Flexifoil Buzz ,Flexifoil rage 1.8 & Blade III 3.0<br />13, 10m venom & 6m phantom<br />Trampa Kitedeck